Our vision statement for the Adapt Learning Project is:
- To create, as a community, the leading e-learning authoring tool for producing responsive content (i.e. single version output) that works across multiple types of devices.
- To develop a freely available authoring tool for organisations that wish to develop their own responsive e-learning content, specifically those in education but also commercial companies and public organisations.
- To encourage a large, global community of end users and developers and drive for widest possible adoption by releasing the code under the GPL open source license and ensuring a low barrier of adoption for all types of users.
- To ensure that the tool is intuitive and easy to use for those with limited technical knowledge.
- To ensure the authoring tool produces content, which can be deployed to a typical environment that end users may have (e.g. Moodle, SCORM-based LMSs etc.)
- To support the principles of collaborative development and transition to a community led governance structure.
We welcome you to sign up and get involved. Have a look at our getting involved page to find out more.