Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Linking to assets and asset filenames
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 18 February 2016, 1:23 PM

Yes, you could absolutely do this - would need to be done each time you publish of course.

Sandra I think your point is very valid, I can easily foresee a situation where you would want the learner to be able to download a file with a specific filename and the AT should not get in the way of you being able to do that.

Picture of Jason Wilson
by Jason Wilson - Thursday, 1 April 2021, 2:09 AM

Hi guys, just wondering if there was any fix to this?

I see when you add an asset to the "Resources" section, you can specify a name for the file when downloaded, which is great, but there appears to be no way to do this if you are using a text link within a text block.

There really should be an option to keep the correct naming of uploaded files - we require original file names and this just seems like an obvious thing.

I tried manually uploading a file to the "assets" folder and then linking to it, but it just came up as a dead link - where exactly should we be manually placing a file so we can download with the correct file name?

Thanks for any help on this.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 1 April 2021, 9:26 AM

but there appears to be no way to do this if you are using a text link within a text block

Add a download attribute to the link. That's how the resources plugin does it.

Picture of Jason Wilson
by Jason Wilson - Tuesday, 6 April 2021, 10:46 PM

Hi Matt, how exactly do I do this? Any time I try to add code manually in the text editor (using the "Source" button), the code gets removed when I hit "Save".

Also, how does this fix the issue of incorrect file names?

Thanks for your help on this.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 8 April 2021, 10:17 AM

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/wiki/Configuring-the-Authoring-Tool#ckeditor-options

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/a#attributes