Picture of Chris Rygielski
Conducting Assessments with Adapt
by Chris Rygielski - Thursday, 17 March 2016, 1:41 PM

Can Adapt be used to conduct assessments where there is no right or wrong answer to individual questions? I'm starting a project where the goal is to evaluate the answers on the whole to produce an assessment that contains a recommendation based on those answers. For example: "based on your answers, you sound like a good match for Plan XYZ"

I'm new to Adapt, and I see how this framework is powerful for situations where there is a clear right/wrong answer, but I don't see an obvious way to configure it for this in the authoring tool.  I'm not technical, but I'm wondering if this is possible for a developer to accomplish directly through the framework. Would Adapt be a good option to pursue, or should we investigate other toolsets?

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Conducting Assessments with Adapt
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 17 March 2016, 2:31 PM

Hi Chris

We at Kineo have created assessments very like this on a few courses so it's certainly possible - but does require customising the framework; you'd therefore need to have a good working knowledge of JavaScript to be able to do this.

Picture of Chris Rygielski
by Chris Rygielski - Thursday, 17 March 2016, 3:24 PM

Thanks for the quick reply Matt! I'll get a developer engaged to learn more about it.  Can you think of any other skill sets beyond JavaScript we should look for? 

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 17 March 2016, 4:35 PM

HTML/JavaScript/CSS are the main skills required, but it would also help to have familiarity with: