Picture of Erik Fullerton
Non-developer Question
by Erik Fullerton - Thursday, 20 February 2014, 5:26 PM

I'm sure the answer to this is right in front of my face, but as a non-developer I'm having a little trouble. 

I believe I have the development environment set up correctly and have created a new course without issue, all files referred to in the wiki are there.

$ grunt server opens http://localhost:9001/, but the page is blank. Also, $ grunt build runs without error until it reaches the line tracing dependencies for: core/js/app where it appears to fail due to the inability to find ../src/templates/templates.js (terminal window capture attached).

Any insight into what I'm doing wrong?

Picture of Daryl Hedley
Re: Non-developer Question
by Daryl Hedley - Friday, 21 February 2014, 6:59 AM

Hey Erik,

Could you just check for me that you've run the command:

$ adapt install

it looks as though you don't have a theme installed. To give you a little background to this - we have removed all templates from core and they now sit in the theme. This gives greater control and flexibility to a developer and means you can manipulate layout without affecting core code.

let us know how you get on. Remember you will need to run:

$ grunt build again

thanks,

Daryl

Picture of Erik Fullerton
by Erik Fullerton - Monday, 24 February 2014, 3:42 PM

Daryl,

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the assist.

Regards,

Erik

Picture of Amanda Maring
by Amanda Maring - Friday, 5 December 2014, 2:08 PM

I also want to thank you for this. I spent the better part of my night trying to not only figure out why I couldn't get the page to display, but then trying to determine why nothing showed up when it started to work. The instructions to run $ adapt install and then re-run  $ grunt build fixed my entire issue.