Picture of Josh Carson
Rating A Course
by Josh Carson - Monday, 12 December 2016, 3:43 PM

Does anyone know of or have a plugin for rating a course?

I currently have a plugin applied to my course for learner feedback which I found in the plugin library (https://github.com/learningpool/adapt-contrib-openTextInput) and I have modified it to allow user entered feedback. However now I would like to give users a way to rate the course when its concluded.

Possibly something like selecting a radio button 1 - 5, maybe some kind of rating slider similar to the question slider. Does anyone know of a way to achieve this that would be willing to share with a novice like myself?

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Rating A Course
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 12 December 2016, 4:31 PM

Hi Josh

Why not just use the confidenceSlider component? It's similar to the Slider component except there's no right or wrong answer in confidence slider.

The difficulty with anything like this is: what do you do with the data? It's all very well asking the user to give feedback/rate the course but you then need to store that data somewhere central that you can then later access to report on. Both the openTextInput and confidenceSlider components can, if you're using a SCORM LMS, attempt to store the users' responses cmi.interactions but your LMS a) needs to have support for that and b) needs to have some way of reporting on that data.

Picture of Josh Carson
Re: Rating A Course
by Josh Carson - Monday, 12 December 2016, 6:05 PM

Thank you Matt, I must have over looked the confidenceSlider component I will try this.

I will pass along your information about the scorm lms and cmi.interactions. I currently don't know if our lms does support it, I guess I need to create some test files and see what kind of data I get. Thanks so much again for your quick response, much appreciated. Cheers, mate.