Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: When exporting as SCORM 1.2, course can't be launched more than once in LMS
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 3:17 PM

OK I see, that helps thanks.

First thing I would do is try that same course from SCORM Cloud to see how it performs on there. If it works fine there then that points to the problem being with the LMS rather than with the course. If it doesn't work on there then that would point to the problem being in the course.

Also, if it works fine on SCORM Cloud then you can use this as evidence that there's nothing wrong with the course itself should you need to raise an issue with the people who look after Expertus One - you can send them a link to let them run it for themselves.

You should also have a look in the console whilst the course is hanging at the loading screen. Press F12 > Console and seeing if there's any errors. Feel free to post the contents here for one of us to take a look if you want.

Hope this helps

Picture of Alina Macelaru
by Alina Macelaru - Monday, 27 February 2017, 9:06 AM

Hello Matt,

I have test the course in SCORM Cloud and Moodle and it seems to work as expected in both of them. When sharing the results with Expertus One, they have send me the log files, so here they are (attached).

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 27 February 2017, 6:35 PM

OK so looking at that log it seems to me that their LMS is removing the quotes from the 'suspend_data', which makes it invalid.

According to those logs, the data being returned to the course from the LMS is:

{assessment:{ChapterOneEpilogue_Q1:[0,0,null,0,1,{58ab15ec1df44d210672d6ec:true,58ab160c1df44d210672d6ee:null}]},completion:-10,questions:CIhOiBYQBEA4MfCgi,_isCourseComplete:false,_isAssessmentPassed:false}

But it should be like this:

{"assessment":{"ChapterOneEpilogue_Q1":[0,0,null,0,1,{"58ab15ec1df44d210672d6ec":true,"58ab160c1df44d210672d6ee":null}]},"completion":-10,"questions":"CIhOiBYQBEA4MfCgi","_isCourseComplete":false,"_isAssessmentPassed":false}

Try putting either of those into a JSON validator and you'll see that the first is full of errors but the second is error-free.

You should go back to the people who control the LMS and explain this to them. They should not be changing the suspend_data format - JSON is perfectly valid.

Hope this helps.