Picture of Chris Gillison
Trickle and Article-Reveal incompatible?
by Chris Gillison - Monday, 20 February 2017, 1:36 PM

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else experienced difficulties combining these two plugins? With Trickle enabled, if I add an article-reveal component to a page, the whole thing breaks. By that I mean when I click the Trickle button preceding the article-reveal component the whole page goes blank.

I have adapt-dev-tools installed, so when I select 'untrickle' in that, the whole page including the article-reveal is working fine. The whole page, including the trickle functionality, also works fine if I simply remove the article-reveal component and just keep the article.

These are two lovely features so it would be a real shame if they didn't work together.

Please help!

Thanks and regards,

Chris

(PS. I'm using the framework with a newly created test course and freshly installed plugins)

Re: Trickle and Article-Reveal incompatible?
by Chris Gillison - Friday, 1 June 2018, 10:27 AM

Apologies - I'm bumping this, but it is over a year old and I've still got the same issue!

I've avoided using articleReveal altogether as it seems to be either Trickle or articleReveal, but I'd really like to use both in the thing I'm working on ATM.

Is there any possible way of doing this?

Picture of Simon Date
by Simon Date - Friday, 1 June 2018, 1:40 PM

Hi Chris,

Article-reveal is a non-core extension created by Kineo. I would recommend asking them if it works with Trickle. However most of the extensions that change the page don't really work together. For example Block Slider and Trickle don't work together.

by Chris Gillison - Friday, 1 June 2018, 2:45 PM

Thanks Simon. I guess logging an issue on GitHub is the best way forward then. Seems a shame if things are incompatible.

Regarding BlockSlider, I'm not really with you on that one. Do you mean this one? Works fine with Trickle - the only thing you need to do is add "_onChildren": false to the Trickle attributes on the article where you have the slider.

by Chris Gillison - Friday, 1 June 2018, 3:03 PM

Cripes. I've just inadvertently answered my own question.

Turns out if you add "_onChildren": false to the Trickle attributes on an article where you have an articleReveal it also works!

Happy days.

Picture of Simon Date
by Simon Date - Friday, 1 June 2018, 3:21 PM

Glad to hear! :)