Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Do you have some video skills?
by Chuck Lorenz - Wednesday, 22 February 2017, 5:06 PM

Hey friends.

The Adapt community has a great need for help in creating screen captures and videos. We need tutorials, concept videos, short how-to captures of techniques, interview with Adapt users—the uses are limited only by your imagination and interests.

Do you have a little experience and are interested but don’t know how to get started? I’ve got the perfect project for you to plug into. We have footage. It needs to edited into accessible lengths. Then intros and outros added. The work will be led by Ben Pascoe of Sponge UK. Ben is experienced in this work and well connected in the community. (And a really nice guy!) So you’ll have someone who can help plan and divide the work, answer questions, give you confidence that you’re working in the right direction, and introduce you to a new level of involvement.

Oftentimes I hear of developers who want to give back to the community but don’t contribute code because they are not confident in their code, or because they are not familiar with Adapt processes, or because they feel they don’t understand the framework or authoring tool well enough. Here’s your chance to give back for all you’ve received. And it doesn’t involve code! And it doesn’t require you to be a developer.

Adapt Learning has no central office (though we’re working on it!). It has no employees. There is a small group of core developers whose time is paid by collaborating companies and who keep chugging away, trying to improve key functionality. The rest is done by volunteers, just like you, just like me. You can make a difference. And you can put it on your resume, too :-)

Because we are volunteers, your schedule will be respected. Deadlines are targets, not deadlines. Contact me via forum private message. Or contact Matt Leathes. Or any other person you know to be well connected to the Adapt project. Ask as many questions as you like without commitment. You can also find us in the Adapt gitter rooms: https://gitter.im/adaptlearning/home

Hope to hear from you.
Chuck Lorenz

Picture of Tyson Priddle
Re: Do you have some video skills?
by Tyson Priddle - Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 12:34 AM

Hi Chuck, 

This sounds like me. I'm not confident with code but I am familiar with what's required for how-to videos, etc. I'd be interested in helping out with this in return for guidance with the tool (producing how to videos would also be a good way for me to continue to evolve with adapt! Feel free to ping me via PM if you still need assistance. 

Cheers,

Tyson Priddle