Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Bookmarking/trickle issue
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 24 March 2017, 3:04 PM

Hi Ali

For the moment you need to set the _completionAttribute to "_isComplete" in the configuration for trickle in config.json

(Sorry you didn't say if you are using the authoring tool or the framework, the above instructions are for the framework)

This is partly my fault, I've just remembered that we agreed back in Nov 2016 to make this the default setting but I never actually got around to making that change!

Picture of Alison Soper
by Alison Soper - Thursday, 30 March 2017, 1:41 PM

Hi Matt, 

Thank you for the suggestion. 

That has helped to open up the course on revisit, which is great! However, the progress bar now doesn't fill as expected. If you complete a couple of components, and then leave and come back in, the course is open to that point which is great but then if you complete the rest of the course, the progress bar doesn't fill fully despite the menu showing each section is complete. This still feeds back to our LMS as a Completed Attempt so it appears to be a purely visual issue?

To fill the progress bar fully, you seem to have to interact with an earlier, completed component. I don't think a user would think to try this if they noticed the bar was not full, so I'm not too sure what to do to resolve this?

Any thoughts would be great!

Cheers, 

Ali

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 30 March 2017, 3:02 PM

Hi Alison

No problem at all.

The issue you describe with the PLP is likely to be a very similar/related issue. Either that or you have two blocks with the same _trackingId.

Picture of Rafael Alvarado Emmanuelli
by Rafael Alvarado Emmanuelli - Friday, 9 June 2017, 11:28 PM

When building [ with grunt ] isn't the _trackingId automatically generated?

Just wondering, it seems that its unlikely you can get a duplicate _trackingId?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 12 June 2017, 11:37 AM

Unlikely - but not impossible.