Picture of Asch B
Using adapt in commercial product
by Asch B - Tuesday, 11 April 2017, 7:08 PM

Hi all,

Our company is creating a commercial LMS and are very interested in having adapt authoring tool with some plugins to be a part of our product. Is there a possibility to use it in such way? I'm not much familiar with legal side and GPL, so if you could explain how this can work, I would be very thankful.

In other words, we would like to built in the framework with possible modifications into our own solution and rebrand it, and we are glad to pay any reasonable annual or license fees for that.

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: Using adapt in commercial product
by Chuck Lorenz - Tuesday, 18 April 2017, 5:34 PM

Hello Asch,

Thank you for your inquiry. I will private message you so that we can discuss the specifics of your request.

I’d like to post a few comments here for others who may come upon this post.

Adapt Learning welcomes inquiries about the appropriate ways to integrate Adapt software into other projects. It welcomes inquiries about partnerships and collaboration. These kinds of explorations will always take into account Adapt’s license: GNU GPLv3. If the terms of this license are not compatible with your plans, then a discussion is not warranted. However, the license is liberal and allows the software to be used for commercial purposes.

You can learn more about the GNU GPLv3 from the links below and from searching the internet:

Thank you,
Chuck Lorenz