Picture of Brian Quinn
Interested in xAPI?
by Brian Quinn - Monday, 24 July 2017, 1:25 PM

Hi all,

As you may know, it's been on the project's TO DO list for a long time to get core xAPI support implemented in the Adapt Framework.  There was an alpha version of adapt-contrib-xapi some time ago, which I understand some people are using -- the pull requests are there to prove it -- but this was more a proof of concept than anything intended for production use.

I would just like to inform the wider developer community that we're in the process of re-working this extension and are open to collaboration, whether that means development, testing or just chiming in with your thoughts.  I know some people already have reached out in the past, and I'm keen to build some momentum on the work that's been done before.  If this is something which appeals to you, please say hi on the xAPI Gitter room.

You can track the efforts so far on the develop branch.

I look forward to hopefully hearing from a few of you.

Thanks,

Brian

Picture of Steve Ferenchak
Re: Interested in xAPI?
by Steve Ferenchak - Friday, 18 August 2017, 4:09 PM

Hey Brian,

I'm definitely interested and can help with testing as needed. I'm pretty new to Adapt and likely wouldn't be much help with development at this point (hopefully I'll get to that point soon).

I've joined the xAPI Gitter room and will follow along. Feel free to reach out to me with any specific needs.

I'm just about to head out on vacation, so it'll be a couple of weeks before I loop back around.