Picture of Adeel Bhatti
installing Adapt-cli failed
by Adeel Bhatti - Saturday, 23 September 2017, 10:03 PM

Hi,

I am trying to install adapt-cli on CentOs-7 but it fails with the following error, 

/usr/local/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/nodegit/dist/nodegit.js:15
throw ex;
^

Error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /usr/local/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/nodegit/build/Release/nodegit.node)
at Error (native)

I understand that the library is not up to 3.4.20, but the latest which exists on my system is 3.4.19, is there any way to get sdapt-cli working with the old version i.e. 3.4.19 ?

The official CentOs-7 repository  doesn't have this version and I don''t want to hack around and get some third party thing. I tried the Docker which had node-Wheezy, but it gives me the similar error.

The adapt runs fine even after this, but I can't get my courses stored (saving, it rotates for ever). I examine the database as well, it does have the courses collection, it has the following collections,

> show collections

componenttypes
extensiontypes
menutypes
roles
sessions
tenants
themetypes
users

Picture of Tom Taylor
Re: installing Adapt-cli failed
by Tom Taylor - Thursday, 28 September 2017, 8:38 AM

Hi Adeel,

From your last point, it looks as though you're using the authoring tool. If this is the case, there's no need to install the CLI as well; this is only used when developing standalone in the framework.