Picture of Daniel Robinson
Logging in
by Daniel Robinson - Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 11:50 AM

Hi all,

I have slowly been trying to install adapt so that i can create some elearning courses. I have got to the log in screen but when on the command line it wont let me enter a password for my account and then if i press forgot password when on the log in screen I do not receive a reset link or anything, Have I not done something as I do not know what to do?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Many Thanks,

Dan

Picture of John Niezen
Re: Logging in
by John Niezen - Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 12:23 PM

Hi Dan,

During the installation you have been asked to provide a user and password. Those are supposed to be used. Do some searching here in the forums on this issue as it will give you the steps to correct it.

Simple way is just do the " node install " one more time.

by Daniel Robinson - Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 12:30 PM

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, I have done the node install again but when it gets to the password of the account it does not let me input anything so I cant log in when I get past this

> Email address dan.robinson@nspp.co.uk
> Password
Compiling the Adapt authoring tool web application, please wait a moment ...

This is what it looks like on the command prompt, and after this it starts up but without a password I cant log in?

I will have a look around the forum for similar posts but again any advice would be great 

Many thanks,

Dan

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 12:35 PM

Hi Dan,

It does use your input, only it is not shown in the terminal window. So either you need a very good memory or write it down on a secret place :-)

I had the same thing when I installed the first time.

John

by Daniel Robinson - Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 12:46 PM

Hi john,

So when I'm typing and nothing happens is it just hiding the text?

Sorry just trying to get my head round it aha

Cheers,

Dan

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 1:07 PM

Yes, you are correct.

You can also ask questions here https://gitter.im/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring the developers are very quick in their response, and the community folks as well.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 1:45 PM

You might also find this useful: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/wiki/Troubleshooting#how-do-i-change-my-password