During the time I've been working with Adapt on live projects (mostly styling/ui) I have often needed to quickly test things or find out some kind of information when fixing bugs. For example is the course menu showing the correct information on course completion? Are the results screens showing the correct styling appropriate to the feedback?
I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were of building a test bench plugin for Adapt? It could be enabled by setting a "dev" mode to true in the JSON config. This would bring up a panel that allows quick access to common tests, it could also show helpful information.
- Setting course/page to complete/not complete - a number of scenarios this could be useful
- Show Bandwidth - useful for planning the impact of media rich courses on the client's setup
- Show UserAgent details - catching stuff like ie9 going into ie7 compatibilty mode
- Quick Navigation - helpful for courses that have step-locked content
- Safe Mode - removes all CSS/images etc
I think the test bench would also be quite useful for QA teams and supporting clients with issues.
I understand most of us here could use the console to test these things, but I think a tool to quickly test/view important information would be really useful.