Picture of Adrian Cole
Re: Responsive eLearning course
by Adrian Cole - Thursday, 8 February 2018, 6:55 AM

Quite true considering today's students know when and where to access their study materials. You have examples of Byjus, urbanpro etc who follow the same scenario.

Screening same course across multiple devices without losing the features(navigation, adaptability etc) is the core strategy behind responsive elearning.

Mobile is where the concentration needs to be diverted with such huge penetration among today's millennials. They will be either on Android or iOS or Windows devices always and getting your course adapted among these devices is of primary concern.

Re: Responsive eLearning course
by Sam Howell - Thursday, 16 May 2019, 5:21 AM

They will be either on Android or iOS or Windows devices always and getting your course adapted among these devices is of primary concern.

I definitely agree courses need to be designed first and foremost for iOS, Android etc. But I personally look forward to the day when courses are designed with FOSS mobile OSs in mind (also true to the spirit of Adapt being FOSS under the GNU public licence. I believe/hope this is coming soon, especially with the advent of the much-anticipated Librem5 phone by Purism.

Learning and quality learning design needs to be free and open to all, and the Adapt developers have made a great contribution!