Picture of Stephen Harlow
New and adapted components
by Stephen Harlow - Monday, 30 April 2018, 4:28 AM

We've just finished a project using the Adapt framework and in the process created a new component and adapted three existing components. All work both in the framework and the authoring tool. They are:

I can't take any credit, they are all the work of our developer Pete Stewart. They solved issues for us so hopefully someone else out there finds them useful.

Picture of Simon Date
Re: New and adapted components
by Simon Date - Monday, 30 April 2018, 11:44 AM

Looks really great Stephen. Thanks for sharing!

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Monday, 30 April 2018, 5:04 PM

These are fantastic Stephen thanks for sharing!

Don't forget to add them to the Adapt Authoring Tool plugins sheet that the community uses so others can know about them!

Helen

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Tuesday, 1 May 2018, 9:21 AM

Hmmm tried to upload but 3 of them say they aren't compatible with Framework 3.0.0!

by Stephen Harlow - Wednesday, 2 May 2018, 1:51 AM

At the time of posting I had only tested against v2.2.5 of the framework (in v0.4.1 of the Authoring Tool). I've since tested against v3.0.0 of the framework and everything works OK. Are you running v3.0.0 with the AT? I wonder if it's an issue with the framework version in bower.json?

P.S. I've corrected an orphaned LESS variable in dragndropwithimage.less that was throwing an error.

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 2 May 2018, 9:23 AM

Yep I am running 3.0.0 with 0.4.1 of the AT (my bad!)

Picture of Cormac O'Keeffe
by Cormac O'Keeffe - Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 1:26 PM

Hi Stephen, 

Thanks for sharing these. They look great. 

I am however, having trouble using the text message component. Is the example.json up  to date? I ask as the component appears but the get started button doesn't work and I don't see where the images would be inserted. 

Thanks for any help.

Best, 

Cormac

by Stephen Harlow - Wednesday, 2 May 2018, 5:00 AM

Here's a bonus Image Map Menu that works* in the Authoring Tool. We wanted to use the adapt-hotspot-menu, but since it wasn't supported by the AT we (well Pete) wrote our own (based on the adapt-contrib-boxmenu, it falls back to the Box Menu on smaller screens).

* A menu-map.jpg image needs to be in the assets folder and imagemapmenu.less edited to position the hotspots. The relevant CSS classes then need to be added to the Page Settings in the AT. I'd welcome suggestions to make it simpler.

Picture of K Edison
by K Edison - Tuesday, 17 January 2023, 6:22 PM

Hi I was wondering how you added the image in the question, the image code I added just comes out as text.

Thanks in advance,

Kelly