Picture of Kevin Maye
Authoring tool accessibility training
by Kevin Maye - Tuesday, 8 May 2018, 12:12 PM

Hi

We have a mixed team (non-techie learning designers and a couple of techie types) using Adapt Authoring tool. We're getting end users reporting issues with using output with screen-readers (eg JAWS). The most likely reason is we have no idea what we should be setting things as, what needs turning on/off and what we need to include in plugins we've created.

So does anyone offer training/workshops in using Adapt authoring tool to produce accessible e-learning? We're UK (Sheffield) and would ideally like something onsite at our offices.

Picture of Cosmin Simion
Re: Authoring tool accessibility training
by Cosmin Simion - Tuesday, 5 June 2018, 5:13 PM

Hey Kevin,

I am going to have a look over the Accesibility feature the coming days, since it is highly valued for the people I am working with. I promise you to keep you in the loop with this, but before that I need a couple details:

• What are you planing to use mostly? The AT or the Framework for developing Scorm compliant content. 
  • If you are going to be using the AT, what version of it are you curently running?
  • What is the LMS are you planning to distribute the content over with?
  • Is JAWS the only option you are currently considering atm?

Email me so we can keep in touch on this topic.

Enjoy,

Cosmin

Picture of Bharat Chhabra
by Bharat Chhabra - Friday, 8 June 2018, 8:27 AM

Hello Mr. Kevin,

Greetings of the day!

I understand the problem facing by you. I can solve your problem via screen sharing or by video call because I am from India and I can work only remotely.
I am working on adapt learning tools from last 4 years, So I have good knowledge in this. You will be 100% satisfied with my work as my other clients are.
My first motive is to satisfy my client at any cost.

Please let me know your thoughts.

We can also discuss it on Skype- iambharatchhabra@gmail.com

Thanks and Regards,
Bharat Chhabra
+91-7015281816

iambharatchhabra@gmail.com
Picture of Kevin Maye
by Kevin Maye - Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 9:40 AM

Many thanks all for your messages in relation to this. We have now engaged with an organisation to provide some development to our learning designers.