Picture of Paul Hilton
Re: Offline access to modules
by Paul Hilton - Wednesday, 20 June 2018, 2:30 PM

Hi Martin,

I don't think there is any reason adapt would be different to any other html/js content in this regard in that some form of web server or wrapper is required as browsers are not keen on running js in local content. 

This is something we have solved on a number of occasions and have had courses work from cd, usb memory stick and as apps on android /iOS.

Paul

Picture of Martin Butts
by Martin Butts - Friday, 29 June 2018, 8:03 AM

Thank you both for your comments. I have passed them on to our tech team. We use proprietary technology and our Adapt packages are hosted on Amazon aws. Does this make things more complicated?

Picture of Paul Hilton
by Paul Hilton - Friday, 29 June 2018, 8:54 AM

Hi,

I guess that depends what the proprietary technology is?

I don't think people will be getting offline access to AWS - you essentially need a solution that take the files and puts them on the users device...

Paul

Picture of Christopher Pohl
by Christopher Pohl - Monday, 16 July 2018, 12:06 PM

Hi Paul,

running the index.html from the unzipped folder often just works with Firefox. Having courses work from cd, usb memory stick and as apps are good news. How can we make it work to view the content even if being offline? Thank you for your ideas.

Christopher

Picture of Christopher Pohl
by Christopher Pohl - Monday, 10 September 2018, 9:04 AM

Hi,
does anyone have an idea, how to make the html/js content run in a local browser? Are there recommendations on softwaresolutions for this?

Tank you, Chris

Picture of Thomas Wiley
by Thomas Wiley - Monday, 10 September 2018, 12:39 PM

I haven't tried this myself, but how about a lightweight, embedded web server. Here's a link to one, I'm sure there are others that do the same thing. https://cesanta.com/