Picture of Chad Flinn
can't log into server on mac (authoring tool)
by Chad Flinn - Friday, 14 September 2018, 6:54 PM

Hi I'm hoping someone can help.  I had my authoring tool running fine for the past week.  Last night my son closed my terminals and restarted my computer.  I restarted my mongo and then tried to restart my server for adapt.  I kept getting an error.  I removed my adapt files and reloaded them and I am still getting an error:

chads-mbp-2:adapt_authoring chadflinn$ node server

info: [14 Sep 2018 10:10:38 -07:00] configuration loaded from /Users/chadflinn/Desktop/adapt_authoring/conf/config.json

info: [14 Sep 2018 10:10:38 -07:00] Supporting the following authentication types:

info: [14 Sep 2018 10:10:38 -07:00] - local

error: [14 Sep 2018 10:10:38 -07:00] Check for updates failed, Error: Cannot determine framework version

Error: /Users/chadflinn/Desktop/adapt_authoring/temp/adapt_framework/package.json: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/Users/chadflinn/Desktop/adapt_authoring/temp/adapt_framework/package.json'

(node:5246) DeprecationWarning: current URL string parser is deprecated, and will be removed in a future version. To use the new parser, pass option { useNewUrlParser: true } to MongoClient.connect.

error: [14 Sep 2018 10:10:38 -07:00] MongoError: Authentication failed.

info: [14 Sep 2018 10:10:38 -07:00] error creating server [Authentication failed.]

chads-mbp-2:adapt_authoring chadflinn$ 

I checked and my mongo is open.  What am I missing?

Picture of Daniel Seixas
Re: can't log into server on mac (authoring tool)
by Daniel Seixas - Monday, 17 September 2018, 9:00 AM

As far as I can see, there are two different errors here:

Does "/Users/chadflinn/Desktop/adapt_authoring/temp/adapt_framework/" exist? Somehow it doesn't seem to be able to access to that folder, could be permissions or similar (did you try to run node as root?)

And, has mongo user configuration been changed? It seems that your conf/conf.json has some database user misconfiguration 

That came over the top of my head.... not sure that will help you.