Picture of Asa Kamali
Problem with npm install adapt-cli -g
by Asa Kamali - Monday, 21 July 2014, 1:36 AM

Hi,

I am using Windows 8. I installed Git and NodeJS and aded them to the path of my system variables.When I enter the $ npm install adapt-cli -g in git, I get the following warning messages.

I appreciate any help you could provide.

Asa

me
Re: Problem with npm install adapt-cli -g
by Sven Laux - Tuesday, 22 July 2014, 8:57 AM

Hi Asa,

there is an update available here: https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=352 - I think this may be related to the issue you are experiencing. Please let us know if not.

Thanks,
Sven

Picture of Asa Kamali
by Asa Kamali - Tuesday, 22 July 2014, 1:10 PM

Hi Sven,

Thank you for the update.

I just followed the same instruction, I get the same warnings but I don't get path.join error.

I didn't change adapt file as mentioned in the recent post. Just run it and it works.

When I try to navigate to localhost:9001, I get the error could not connect to LMS and then course is not connected to LMS and then the page shows up.

Since I don't get path.join error and it runs, can I ignore other warnings?

Thank you,

Asa

me
by Sven Laux - Tuesday, 22 July 2014, 2:06 PM

Hi Asa,

yes, the other warnings can be ignored.

We're streamlining the process a little to remove the SCORM tracking module by default, which is where the JavaScript errors come from. The SCORM tracking module (Called spoor) can then be added as and when the course is ready for publishing.

Thanks,
Sven

Picture of Vo Tuduc
by Vo Tuduc - Thursday, 24 July 2014, 4:02 PM

Hi Sven Laux, 

I got the same error as Asa Kamali. Hope that you will have a great solution for this. 

I tried to delete a line of code in adapt.json file that is my course's directory. The line of code is as below: "adapt-contrib-spoor": "*",

But the message "Course could not connect to the LMS" still appear each time I refresh locahost. 

I hope you can build a great and convenience solution for this error. Thank you. 

Best and Regards, 

Duc

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 24 July 2014, 4:44 PM

Hi Duc

To remove adapt-contrib-spoor properly, you need to run the command

adapt uninstall contrib-spoor

You may have to revert your changes to adapt.json first though

Picture of Chris Jones
by Chris Jones - Thursday, 24 July 2014, 4:46 PM

Sounds like the problem is that you have built the course with SCORM support but do not have an LMS. This is not unusual but the system will warn of this state. This is a good thing.

Now that you have removed the contrib-spoor plugin, the final step is now to rebuild your course by running "grunt build"

Chris

Edit: Also, Do exactly what Matt says. removing the line from adapt.json will not fully uninstall the plugin.

me
by Sven Laux - Thursday, 24 July 2014, 5:45 PM

Hi Duc,

the error message "Course could not connect to the LMS" is connected with the SCORM tracking (contrib-spoor) extension. This is in fact working as intended but slightly annoying while you are authoring.

Please uninstall contrib-spoor to remove these error messages. You can run this via the command line with the following command:

adapt uninstall contrib-spoor

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Sven