Picture of Anne Vlaanderen
Re: Authoring Tool installation help needed!
by Anne Vlaanderen - Tuesday, 16 October 2018, 8:58 AM

Hi Craig, 

No, it doesn't run. When I ignore the parser warning and just run node server I get the following: 

\ Starting server

(node:4786) DeprecationWarning: current URL string parser is deprecated, and will be removed in a future version. To use the new parser, pass option { useNewUrl| Starting server

ip-145-116-153-37:adapt_authoring annevlaanderen$ sudo node server

info: [16 Oct 2018 10:54:17 +02:00] configuration loaded from /Users/annevlaanderen/Desktop/adapt_authoring-master/adapt_authoring/conf/config.json

info: [16 Oct 2018 10:54:17 +02:00] Supporting the following authentication types:

info: [16 Oct 2018 10:54:17 +02:00] - local

error: [16 Oct 2018 10:54:17 +02:00] Check for updates failed, Error: Cannot determine framework version

Error: /Users/annevlaanderen/Desktop/adapt_authoring-master/adapt_authoring/temp/adapt_framework/package.json: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/Users/annevlaanderen/Desktop/adapt_authoring-master/adapt_authoring/temp/adapt_framework/package.json'

(node:4788) DeprecationWarning: current URL string parser is deprecated, and will be removed in a future version. To use the new parser, pass option { useNewUrlParser: true } to MongoClient.connect.

error: [16 Oct 2018 10:54:17 +02:00] MongoError: Authentication failed.

info: [16 Oct 2018 10:54:17 +02:00] error creating server [Authentication failed.]

It does not find the temp/adapt_framework/package.json files. Which is true, since I do not have an temp and adapt_framework folder in the adapt_authoring folder? Did I do something wrong? How can I fix this. Also, it gives a MongoError: Authentication failed, I have no idea how to solve this either?

Best, 

Anne

Picture of Omar Cerecedo
by Omar Cerecedo - Tuesday, 23 October 2018, 6:58 PM

Are you in a restricted network?

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Wednesday, 24 October 2018, 4:00 PM

Hi Anne,

Did you set up your Mongo database to use authentication? Everything looks to have gone ok until the point that the install script tries to add data to the DB.

Picture of Kenny Della Valle
by Kenny Della Valle - Friday, 26 October 2018, 3:03 AM

Hello, I think I am running into the same problem. One thing i noticed is that in the MongoDB log file, the user that is trying to authenticate is whatever I entered in the install script, plus "@admin". So if my MongoDB username is "MongoDB", and i enter that in the install step, then my MongoDB log file shows "Supported SASL mechanisms requested for unknown user 'MongoDB@admin'", and the next line includes " Could not find user MongoDB@admin". Is that the expected username? I do show that there is a DB in my mongo called "admin". I tried manually adding users with same username and password, but no luck. I am also running Mongo as a windows service, and am even running that as an admin user with the same username and password just in case. I attached an output from the console and my mongodb log file. Thanks for any help or insight you could offer!