Picture of Philip Capewell
Mathjax from Mathtype problem
by Philip Capewell - Thursday, 6 December 2018, 9:20 AM

Hello

I am creating Distance Learning courses which has a lot of Mathjax coding in it

The software I am using is Mathtype, you type in the equations and then export it which then gives you the code to stick in Adapt, seen below:

Major Problem….so it turns out that the Adapt doesn’t like certain bits of the code, therefor it doesn’t preview (just spins when you go to preview it) and also doesn’t tell why it’s not working

When you starting messing around with code you end at times getting it to work, however this isn’t really suffice, due to the fact I don’t know what I’m looking for, I’m just taking out brackets etc… and then previewing it

Below is Mathjax that does work, this has a box around it so ignore the \boxed for now:

\begin{align} \boxed{ \begin{array}{rcl} (P_{\mathrm{r}}) = {I'}I_2^2 {R'}_2/s &= \text{Mech. Power} \; (P_{\mathrm{m}}) + \text{Rotor copper loss} \; (P_{\mathrm{c}}) \\ & \qquad \qquad \qquad + \text{windage and friction loss} \\[6pt ]\end{array} } \end{align}

Below is Mathjax that has not been edited and has gone straight from Mathtype too Adapt, these are the types of Mathjax codes that doesnt seem to work in Adapt 

\[{I^'}_2 = \frac{{\mathop {{E_1}}\limits^{} }}{{\sqrt {{{({R^'}{{_2}_{{\raise0.7ex\hbox{${}$} \!\mathord{\left/
 {\vphantom {{} s}}\right.\kern-\nulldelimiterspace}
\!\lower0.7ex\hbox{$s$}}}})}^2} + {X^'}_2^2} }}\]

Is there any thoughts on this? And can anybody maybe point me in the right direction, as  its taking up a lot of my time altering the code for these Mathjax. When really it should just work

Kind Regards

Phil

Picture of Philip Capewell
Re: Mathjax from Mathtype problem
by Philip Capewell - Thursday, 6 December 2018, 11:59 AM

I am also using the authoring tool