Picture of Ben Nayak
Adapt Authoring- shows completion only when assessment is passed
by Ben Nayak - Thursday, 14 February 2019, 1:17 PM

Hello, I am using the Adapt Authoring tool. I created two Assessments (within two separate Articles). Each assessment has like 4 questions, and a Assessment Result after it (of course in a separate Article). Cumulative score of both assessments is reported to the LMS. 

When testing the course in Scorm Cloud, Completion Status show incomplete & Satisfaction Status shows Failed, Score is 60 (passing is set at 100).

Completion status shows Complete only when Satisfaction Status is Passed (i.e., when I score 100 in both the Assessments).

I need the course to report Completion Status when the course content is complete, irrespective of the assessment passed/ failed. Assessment scores also have to be reported, which good as if now. 

Below are some settings. What I am doing wrong? Any help is much appreciated.

Spoor Configuration Setting:

Is Enabled

tracking- Submit Score- enabled

Store Question State- enabled

Record Interactions- Enabled

Reporting

Tracking success status - passed

Assessment failure status- failed

Commit Data- Enabled

Assessment Result

Set completion on: Inview

Reset Type" inherit

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Adapt Authoring- shows completion only when assessment is passed
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 14 February 2019, 2:00 PM

In your Spoor configuration, under Tracking: ensure Course completion required is checked and that Assessment pass required is unchecked.

It would also more typical in SCORM to set Tracking success status to completed when completion has nothing to do with passing or failing the assessment, but that's more a semantic thing really.

(I'm assuming your Authoring tool install is using the default Framework version of v2.x and you haven't manually updated it to v3+ or higher)