Picture of Michael Krendl
Authoring Tool broken: Failed to determine user's tenant!
by Michael Krendl - Thursday, 8 August 2019, 7:15 PM

Hi, 

I tried the Authoring Tool (0.9) successfully with the framework 4.2.0 but when I tried to login again after a few days, the system was broken. When I logged into the autoring tool, I was only able to see the Dashboard and the asset menu, but clicking on them didn't show anything. Everything else was blank.

So I did set it up again and it worked. This was four days ago and now I tried to login again with the same result. 

I got this error in the serial console:

Error: Failed to determine user's tenant! at Object.getDatabase (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/lib/database.js:416:19) at /home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/plugins/content/tag/index.js:76:16 at /home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/lib/rest.js:115:7 at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5) at next (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:137:13) at Route.dispatch (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:112:3) at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5) at /home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:281:22 at Function.process_params (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12) at next (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10) at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:91:12) at trim_prefix (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:317:13) at /home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7 at Function.process_params (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12) at next (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10) at /home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/lib/permissions.js:494:16 at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5) at trim_prefix (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:317:13) at /home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7 at Function.process_params (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12) at next (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10) at SendStream.error (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/serve-static/index.js:121:7) at SendStream.emit (events.js:198:13) at SendStream.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:448:20) at SendStream.error (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/send/index.js:270:17) at SendStream.onStatError (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/send/index.js:421:12) at next (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/send/index.js:735:16) at onstat (/home/Grandmaster/adapt_authoring/node_modules/send/index.js:724:14)

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Picture of Vijay Kumar
Re: Authoring Tool broken: Failed to determine user's tenant!
by Vijay Kumar - Saturday, 15 February 2020, 7:25 PM

I'm seeing a similar issue. Did you find a solution for yours?