Picture of Jer Brand
Uploading New Plugin Version Fails on 0.10.1: Plugin with target attribute already exists.
by Jer Brand - Thursday, 24 October 2019, 2:34 PM

Tried to be pretty descriptive in the title, so here are the finer details:

The error message is:

Error: There is a plugin already installed with a target attribute of '_parallax'.

I'm prepping for an upgrade of my Adapt Authoring to 0.10.1 by installing it locally and updating my plugins where necessary. 

After updating a parallax plugin, correctly zipping up the plugin and uploading it to Adapt Authoring I get the error above. 

My guess is that whatever mechanism is being used to identify a plugin update is failing for my plugin. I've tried changing the version to only be a patch (from 1.7.0 -> 1.7.1) and left the rest of the bower.json identical. I've tried reverting my changes to the properties.schema so they match, and still no love.

The only difference between the plugin versions is that the new version adds a `less/parallax.less` file. Is adding a file enough to prevent updating? 

Picture of Jer Brand
Re: Uploading New Plugin Version Fails on 0.10.1: Plugin with target attribute already exists.
by Jer Brand - Thursday, 24 October 2019, 3:08 PM

Just to update on this:

• I created a new instance of Adapt Authoring 0.10.1.
  • Created a zip of the original v1.7.0 extension (`zip -r adapt-parallax.zip adapt-parallax`)
  • Installed the original adapt-parallax (v1.7.0) and confirmed it works.
  • Created a zip of the new v4.0.0 extension 
  • Attempted to upload the plugin, received the error in the original post.

I tried the same thing with one of the components I built and had no issues (actually, updated 10 or so). 

Just for giggles, I deleted the plugin from Adapt Authoring, and again uploaded v1.7.0. Again, worked fine. Then I edited the original file to do nothing more than change the version from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1. That also triggered the same error. 

Did I find a bug or am I missing something very obvious?

Picture of Tom Greenfield
Re: Uploading New Plugin Version Fails on 0.10.1: Plugin with target attribute already exists.
by Tom Greenfield - Thursday, 24 October 2019, 3:21 PM

Hi Jer,

Thanks for your descriptive issue. This has actually already been resolved in this PR.

If you'd like to test the fix before the next release, you can stop your server and then run the following on the command line:

git pull
git checkout issue/2455
grunt build:prod
node server

Thanks,

Tom.

Picture of Jer Brand
by Jer Brand - Thursday, 24 October 2019, 3:57 PM

Thanks Tom, 

I was slowly logging my way through `content/bower` -- would have taken a while to find the issue. Shoulda been looking on github instead. ;)

I'll apply the fix locally while I'm testing my updates and hold off on updating production until the next release -- it's already going to be a harry update from v0.6.0 / v2.2.5 to v0.10.1 / v4.3.0. 

Thanks again for your help!