Picture of Moira McIntyre Sitter
Import course error MKDIR permissions denied
by Moira McIntyre Sitter - Thursday, 31 October 2019, 5:22 PM

Hello all,

We just begun testing a shared instance of the Adapt Authoring Tool (version v0.10 framework v2.4.0. running on a linux server)

I imported a course to the shared instance that I created on my local instance also v0.10 framework v2.4.0

I received the error seen in the screen shot. Our admin said the folders for the plugins were created but none of the required files were installed on the shared instance. 

The course imports fine but the admin had to manually install each of the missing plugins through the adapt cli before I could edit the course. The UI plugin management tool would not work as expected. 

Things we've explored:

-user permissions on the server - admin says that is not the issue. 

-node version is up to date:  v10.16.3

-version bug - I successfully imported courses to my local instance of v0.10 so I do not think that it is a bug.

-can install net new plugins as a user through the UI

Any help or suggestions about what may be preventing the installation of plugins on import are greatly appreciated!

Please note I'm working blind here since I'm just a user. Be specific in your suggestions/questions since I can't see logs or any of the backend errors on the server. 

Thank you!

Moira

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Import course error MKDIR permissions denied
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 4 November 2019, 12:22 PM

Given the error message I would have to say that it's most likely to be a permissions error.

Without further info or access to your server to see what the permissions are it's going to be hard to help you but maybe someone a bit more experienced with setting up the AAT on Linux could state what permissions are required?