Picture of Ida Klasson
Install AT on a web server
by Ida Klasson - Monday, 4 November 2019, 10:29 AM

Hi!

I've been testing the Authoring Tool for some weeks now and getting the hang of it. I've installed it locally on my computer but would like my colleagues not only to access the published courses but also be able to log in to the tool and edit/create themself. So what do I need to do? 

I'm quite the newbie when it comes to this so I would really need some guidance. 

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Install AT on a web server
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 4 November 2019, 12:19 PM

Have you got an IT/systems admin team there who could help out with this? The installation instructions aren't going to be any different, it's really more a question of how you configure the server it's installed on which isn't really something that's in scope here and equally isn't the kind of thing you want to take on if you're a newbie...

Equally quite a few of the companies involved in the project offer the Authoring Tool as a SaaS product...

Picture of Ida Klasson
by Ida Klasson - Monday, 4 November 2019, 2:13 PM

Thanks for your reply Matt. I'm a bit on my own here but I do have a support that I might be able to turn to. As long as I know a bit more about what I need help with. Is there a type of web server that would be preferable? Which values do I need to change from the default configuration? 

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 4 November 2019, 2:54 PM

The authoring tool creates its own web server service...

It's not really my area of expertise so unfortunately I can't really help much more.

Picture of Ida Klasson
by Ida Klasson - Monday, 4 November 2019, 3:21 PM

Ah, I see! Well, thanks anyway for answering :) 

Picture of Paul Hilton
by Paul Hilton - Monday, 4 November 2019, 3:33 PM

Hi,

As Matt say it is not something you should take on lightly as you need to to ensure your server is set up securely and kept up to date.

If you do fancy a hosted service we (Can Studios) are one of the companies which offer a hosted version of the tool. 

You can read a bit more about our service here: https://canstudios.com/adapt-toolkit/adapt-from-can-studios/

Or take out a free trial to see if its what you are looking for: https://canstudios.com/adapt-toolkit/adapt-from-can-studios/get-adapt/

Hope this helps.

Paul