Picture of Russell Rivera
Publish course and run to your local machine
by Russell Rivera - Wednesday, 27 November 2019, 8:41 PM

Hi after I run publish course then I unzip my downloaded course and then open my index.html. Using my chrome on my local machine I'm having this Unable to load adapt/js/build.js error upon checking it on the console on chrome developers tools. How can we publish it to a web server so it can be used on internally to a internal network thanks.

Picture of John Niezen
Re: Publish course and run to your local machine
by John Niezen - Thursday, 28 November 2019, 7:05 AM

Hi Russel, you need to setup a local webserver. there is a nice plugin for chrome, webserver for chrome 200ok. ensure you point to the correct folder and just type http://localhost/ in your browser.

If you check the CORS message, you notice it is not allowed to call local files. This policy was overruled in Firefox and Chrome before, but for security reasons now enforced.

The good thing using the webserver is that more browsers can be used to test your published course.

hope this helps getting you on your way, John

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Publish course and run to your local machine
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 28 November 2019, 10:13 AM

Amazingly, the Edge browser still lets you run web content directly from the file system. I don't think that'll be available for too much longer though.

How can we publish it to a web server so it can be used on internally to a internal network thanks.

John's suggestion will allow you to run the content but if you want others on your network to be able to view it then you need to publish it to web server or learning management system. If you already have a web server available, consult the documentation for the web server or speak to whomever manages it for you. If you don't have one available already - well, getting one and setting it up for internal use is a big subject that's very much out of scope of what these forums are for.

If you're interested in Learning Management System then I can recommend Totara (also open source) or SCORM Cloud.