Picture of Russell Rivera
Auto-play Media
by Russell Rivera - Thursday, 5 December 2019, 2:21 PM

Hi just want to ask how to auto play an mp3 file using media plugin. So when I click on the page I don't need it to click the play button thanks.

Regards,

Russell Rivera

Picture of Ailiniyazi Maimaiti
Re: Auto-play Media
by Ailiniyazi Maimaiti - Monday, 9 December 2019, 8:59 AM

Hi Russell,

I was working on a Project and there were some contents, which are build by Media Plugin, need to be autoplayed. Since there was no options for that, then I tried to get it done by changing source code of Media Plugin. After several times of try, I understood why there are no options for autoplay, because audio objects will be interrupted by the Autoplay Policy changes from Google Chrome, there is discription of this changes:

https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2017/09/autoplay-policy-changes

And, if you need only one media component in one page, you can try to edit the plugin's code. Open media.hbs file, replace the code at line 12 with this:

<audio  autoplay src="{{_media.mp3}}" type="audio/mp3" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;"/>

I hope this helps. 

Picture of Shaneshwar Bhagat
Re: Auto-play Media
by Shaneshwar Bhagat - Thursday, 9 January 2020, 6:04 AM

Hi Russell,

Just for extra info on this forum. Yes if you are using adapt-contrib-media then you can either change by

1. Autoplay in media.hbs

<audio  autoplay src="{{_media.mp3}}" type="audio/mp3" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;"/> 

and use 

"_media": {
            "mp3""course/en/video/SampleAudio.mp3"
  } in component.json. Do 'Display:none' to all other layers.

2. OR you can also add Autoplay to video tag in media.hbs and use below mentioned player options,

"_playerOptions": {
        "loop": true,
        "clickToPlayPause": true
}
Their are many other options available.
If you need only audio then keep audio controls to 'display: block' and rest all to 'display:none'.

Alternatively if you are specific to audio only then you can use 'adapt-audio' plugin made by Kineo and change their .HBS file with 'autoplay' property their also.