Picture of Russell Rivera
Add multiple choice questions, Graphical Multiple Choice Question, Matching and Input
by Russell Rivera - Friday, 13 December 2019, 5:19 PM

Hi,

How do we add multiple of the following on a components:

• Add multiple choice questions
  • Graphical Multiple Choice Question
  • Matching
  • Input

on  single component when I add another it gives me one submit button I want to have this as a group with only submit thanks.

Regards,

Russell Rivera

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Add multiple choice questions, Graphical Multiple Choice Question, Matching and Input
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 13 December 2019, 5:53 PM

The submitAll extension might be what you need?

Re: Add multiple choice questions, Graphical Multiple Choice Question, Matching and Input
by Russell Rivera - Friday, 13 December 2019, 7:11 PM

I'll check on this one thanks Matt.

by Russell Rivera - Monday, 16 December 2019, 4:01 PM

Hi Matt,

Have tried the steps on link that you gave me but I'm having. A different output I already set the _canShowFeedback to false. Did I missed thing? thanks

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 16 December 2019, 4:49 PM

most likely the reason is that the extension needs to be updated to be v5-compatible... I'd need to dig into it a bit deeper but at the very least any references to .buttons-action will need updating to .js-btn-action

by Russell Rivera - Tuesday, 17 December 2019, 6:42 PM

Hi Matt,

Can you please specify which specific version 4 of Adapt authoring this will work? thanks.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 17 December 2019, 7:40 PM

The last time I used it on a project it was with FW v4.3.0 but I see no reason why it wouldn't work with the latest (v4.4.1)

I do recall that there was a bug with the 'submit all' button not letting assistive technology (e.g. Jaws screen reader) know that its state was 'disabled' - but that would only be a problem if you need screen reader support. I can easily add a quick fix for that if you do.

by Russell Rivera - Wednesday, 18 December 2019, 2:16 PM

Hi Matt,

Hope you are well today, I've installed Adapt authoring v4.3.0  and installed the adapt-submitAll. It seems the problem now is the adapt-contrib-mcq, I think it only works on v5 any thoughts thanks.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 18 December 2019, 2:53 PM

Upload the older version - which is compatible

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-mcq/releases

by Russell Rivera - Thursday, 19 December 2019, 2:57 PM

Hi Matt,

I'm having the same issue thanks.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 19 December 2019, 3:39 PM

the zip file name in that screenshot contains the word 'master' which indicates that you're still trying to install the very latest version.

You need to download this:

by Russell Rivera - Thursday, 19 December 2019, 5:12 PM

Hi Matt,

I'm successfully installed it on 4.3.0 however I'm having this error. Also I've notice that the some of components are missing in this version thanks.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 19 December 2019, 5:55 PM

Hi Russell

Sorry my knowledge of the workings of the authoring tool is quite limited... this is definitely above and beyond the limits of what I know about!