Picture of Katha Em
Component: Memory Game / finding pairs
by Katha Em - Monday, 13 January 2020, 4:54 PM

Hi Community,

So far I could not find what I'm looking for, but maybe someone knows a nice plugin for it.

I want the learners to find pairs of graphics: They see a collection of, e.g., 16 graphics and the should find the 8 pairs (2 graphics each have a connection somehow).

Do you know a component that allows such a sorting/ matching/ finding pairs task?

Looking forward to your findings:)

Katharina

Picture of Barry Jenkin
Re: Component: Memory Game / finding pairs
by Barry Jenkin - Wednesday, 22 January 2020, 12:53 AM

With a bit of css you could probably achieve this with adapt-contrib-objectMatching, embedding images in the selectable question/answer objects and hiding the text (it only supports text in its original state).

The logic supports the matching of all pairs – an object in the left column to an object in the right column – in one attempt if that's the kind of experience you're thinking. It also lets you assign the background colour per matching pair which could act as your image border.

However not sure if this works in the latest framework. I had it working in 2.3.3. 

Picture of Katha Em
Re: Component: Memory Game / finding pairs
by Katha Em - Wednesday, 22 January 2020, 1:50 PM

Thanks a lot! With h5p, there is an option like pairing objects. In case you are looking for something like that: That's possible:)