Picture of Renan Jon Manuel
Re: Adapt will NOT be affected by the upcoming changes in Chrome 80
by Renan Jon Manuel - Thursday, 18 June 2020, 12:06 AM

Hi Matt, We're using SABA as our LMS and our ADAPTv4 framework-made courses are still having trouble with completion even after altering the adapt-close extension, bookmarking is also affected, I'm kinda stuck and hoping that someone can help. 

Here are the extension versions we are using on the affected courses
Adapt framework versions 4
adapt-close 1.1.1
adapt-contrib-bookmarking 2.1.2

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 4 August 2020, 4:02 PM

Hi there - and sorry for the slow response! I must have missed this one in all the craziness of the past few months.

We (Kineo) deliver a lot of courses that run on Saba - and ourselves have access to the Saba Content Lab for testing purposes - and have not experienced anything like this in any of our testing (which is frequent) nor have our clients reported any such issue...

On a related note, we believe that the Success Factors LMS has an issue with Chrome - at least this link and information we're getting from one of our clients strongly indicates that it has. Apparently there is no fix yet but we hear it is being worked on. I did try the workaround with adapt-close that I suggested in an earlier post in this thread - although our client initially said it helped they are now saying there's still an issue but we haven't received any further details.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 6 August 2020, 11:20 AM

although our client initially said it helped they are now saying there's still an issue but we haven't received any further details.

Update on this - apparently the adapt-close hack IS working OK, the issue they were referring to was something else. Unfortunately getting this info through 2nd or 3rd hand from people who aren't very (at all!) technical so it's quite hard to get to the bottom of what's actually wrong!