Picture of Rich Knop
Copying pages from course to course
by Rich Knop - Thursday, 6 August 2020, 3:01 PM

Is it possible to copy pages from one course to another course? I know you can make copies of whole courses and copy pages internally inside a single course.

But from a collaborative development environment where someone might want to copy a single page of content from one course to another is this possible?

Rich

Picture of Rich Knop
Re: Copying pages from course to course
by Rich Knop - Sunday, 16 August 2020, 11:36 PM

Anyone have any thoughts?

Rich

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Monday, 17 August 2020, 4:47 AM

See this thread: https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=3878

Picture of Barry Jenkin
by Barry Jenkin - Monday, 24 August 2020, 3:01 AM

The browser window method doesn't seem to work when copying content between courses. However it seems to be possible (to some degree at least) by export-import if you're prepared to fiddle a bit.

I was recently able to update the relevant json files (contentObjects [pages], articles, blocks, components) in an exported course with the desired new json content, including new pages, then import successfully with all the new content intact and previewing correctly.

I haven't got round to testing with different assets, but I'd imagine you'd similarly update assets.json with the new info and paste any new asset files into the assets folder. Plugins should be common in both courses before exporting.

I was using AT 0.10.3, framework 5.6.1.