Picture of Oliver Foster
Re: Possible major bug found when restarting incomplete course
by Oliver Foster - Thursday, 22 July 2021, 2:40 PM

Cool. Those prs are accepted but they haven't been released yet.

Picture of Jason Wilson
by Jason Wilson - Wednesday, 4 August 2021, 5:51 AM

Hi Oliver, sorry me again - it now looks like the LMS is not receiving any completion data from the courses once the assessment has been successfully completed. 

In the attached screenshot, you can see the score was 91%. The pass rate is 85%, so the message should say "complete".The course gave me the correct message, saying that I had passed the assessment.

We've not changed anything "behind the scenes", so am wondering if this has anything to do with the above issue(s)?

Tested in SumTotal LMS and Scormcloud with the same issue.

Thanks.

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Wednesday, 4 August 2021, 8:32 AM

Hi Jason,

Having a mess around this morning I can also replicate.

Give me a little while to figure it out. It looks as though the assessment isn't reading the correctToPass value correctly. I'll update when I've figured it out.

Apologies,

Ollie.

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Wednesday, 4 August 2021, 9:06 AM

This should fix it: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-assessment/pull/136

You should be able to fix it yourself by updating the course.json with a _correctToPass value. The assessment plugin has this value in two places, on the article and on the course, the latter for when it combines the multiple assessments to provide a course completion value.

As you can see in this issue: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-assessment/issues/135

Picture of Jason Wilson
by Jason Wilson - Wednesday, 4 August 2021, 11:01 PM

Hi Oliver, thanks! It looks to be working correctly now, although it didn't work initially. I compared the code from your commits to the code I downloaded and noticed the following (see screenshot below). Once I had changed || to ??, it worked correctly.

In saying this, I just downloaded the zip file from "code view" in Github (Code > Download ZIP), so if I'm not downloading these correctly, please let me know.

Thanks!