Picture of Mark Andrews
Interactive Video & Intergrations
by Mark Andrews - Wednesday, 15 October 2014, 9:32 AM

Hello all,

I've just created my first Adapt course using the authoring tool.

Upon showing it to my colleagues the feedback of the framework has been fantastic with them actually commenting on the content rather than the clunky technology - I take this as a massive progressive step for online delivery! and feel that the potential is huge!

So my questions are;

Does anyone have plans to develop more video related extensions areas that we are particularly interested in are:

• Using video to drive the display of additional content on the page (using the video timecode)
    • Adding chaptering to a video
    • video watching as a trackable event ie. something happen upon completion of the video, activity completion etc...
    • Add questions into videos, so a mash up of the quiz and video playback module that will display a question at certain points in the video

Integration with moodle forums 
The reality is we will mostly be displaying adapt content through moodle and our faculty would like to have.

Cheers

Mark

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Interactive Video & Intergrations
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 15 October 2014, 11:55 AM

Hi Mark

I don't have any particular plans to do any of these things - but some other people have been talking about something similar I think - try searching the forums for video.

Did just want to warn you that quite a lot of what you want to achieve with video wouldn't work on an iPhone (and possibly other phones) due to the way that it displays video in a separate player and not inline in the page.

There's a remote possibility you could do something by playing back video inside a canvas object, but that's pretty bleeding-edge stuff, I wouldn't want to bank on it working out!!

The contrib-media component currently uses MediaElement as a player - so we're a bit tied into the capabilities (and bugs!) of that. I think many people would quite like to replace it with something better, but it's not a particularly easy change to make once you get into it.

You can have the video component only mark as completed once the video is watched all the way to the end if that's what you mean by 'activity completion'?