Picture of Fabian Fernandez
Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
by Fabian Fernandez - Friday, 19 June 2015, 6:36 PM

Hi!
I'm being able to upload my plugin but when I hit preview and navigate to where I use it it throws an Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function.
I'm attaching my plugin and a screenshot of the problem.
Can anyone help me?
BTW: is there a way that I can debug adapt authoring to know the reason of this problems? Asking because I find asking in the forum all the time gets me stucked in my development waiting for help :S
Thanks everyone!

Picture of Tom Taylor
Re: Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
by Tom Taylor - Tuesday, 23 June 2015, 3:00 PM

Hi Fabian,

When compiling your course using grunt, you can use the 'dev' task, which will give you source maps along with the souce code. This should be able to show you exactly where your code is falling down.

See the wiki page: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/wiki/Deploying-and-testing-your-Adapt-course

by Fabian Fernandez - Tuesday, 23 June 2015, 6:13 PM

Would that be in the case of developing using the framework or the authoring tool too?
When I hit publish and open the zip file I don't see any gruntfile.js neither inside zip/course.

Thanks Tom

by Fabian Fernandez - Monday, 29 June 2015, 7:57 PM

Hi Tom! The problem is that, I got my component plugin working fine when developing using the framework and creating the course outside adapt authoring.
But if I create a course inside adapt authoring and use my component plugin on it, it throws that error.
Any idea?