Picture of Tara MacKinnon
Re: Adapt framework - feature requests
by Tara MacKinnon - Friday, 4 September 2015, 4:22 PM

Hi all

I've been through jira and +1 in the comments for the new features/feature enhancements that DeltaNet have a priority interest in, other areas we would like to see developed are listed below:

Existing features:

Gamification – We'd like to see the stars component that allows you to earn stars and have them count up on the menu and/or maybe the navigation bar feature developed further.

Hot graphic – more guidance on how to use this component effectively, i've seen a few posts which suggest that you can use any image as the pins rather than have a pin directly but we struggled when wanting to use chevrons as pins.

The Learner Assistant extension (e.g. assessment revision guide) - full v2 compatibility. 

The Frame by frame animation component - full v2 compatibility 

New features: 

Question components – allow different feedback for each answer given in single answers; for example if a scenario question had three answers options, none of which are right or wrong per se you would be able to target specific feedback for each answer i.e. Which fire extinguisher would you use to put our an electrical fire? Water / CO2 or Powder - Water is a definite no, CO2 is the best option but Powder can be used but may damage the equipment. This could also be linked to branching scenarios as well.

Question components - linking to what content is then viewable, i.e. if you answer a question correctly you see one bit of content but if incorrect you see additional content.

Locational hot graphic – a hot graphic where you can select things in a diagram and it will highlight the specific area. For example on a map you could select UK and the whole of that area highlights, with then variables as to whether you get a mini label, zoom in, pop up window etc. Would be good to have this as a question feature too so you could select location on the map that’s the correct answer and it highlights that region (or on a diagram the correct part of the pie chart/bar chart/process flow etc.)

Tara