Picture of Amy Purnell
Infinite attempts on assessment
by Amy Purnell - Thursday, 24 September 2015, 10:14 AM

Hello,

I am having some trouble setting my assessment to have anything other than infinite attempts. I have changed the article.json for the page to have 1 attempt, and changed the component to the same, but whenever I complete the assessment in the browser the results component states I have infinite attempts remaining. This is occurring on pages where there is solely questions as well as a mix of components. Does anyone know where it is pulling the {{attempts}} variable data from? I thought this was from the article.json but it doesn't seem to be working...

Any advice would be appreciated! 

Picture of Amy Purnell
Re: Infinite attempts on assessment
by Amy Purnell - Thursday, 24 September 2015, 3:30 PM

Got it!

In case anyone else has this issue- if you set "_requireAssessmentPassed" value (in course.json) to true, as well as "_includeInTotalScore" value to true, then attempts at assessments will be infinite and override any other settings. 

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Infinite attempts on assessment
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 16 October 2015, 4:22 PM

Hi Amy

Just been giving this a try for myself... I can get it working fine using the settings you describe and it will only give me a single attempt at the assessment but only during the same session.

If I quit the course then relaunch from the LMS I can then attempt the assessment again.

To fix this, add a property '_shouldStoreResponses' (set to true) to config.json, in the same place as _requireAssessmentPassed, _shouldSubmitScore etc.

This will tell the tracking extension to remember the user's answers across sessions, thereby allowing the assessment to remember what the user did in the assessment in the previous session.

Hope this helps...