Picture of Roger Mepham
Re: Error message
by Roger Mepham - Thursday, 15 December 2016, 12:00 AM

Sorry, my bad.

RTFM

Picture of Marko Stojkovski
by Marko Stojkovski - Monday, 3 April 2017, 11:02 PM

Hello. I am new to adapt, and I receive this message. I am building my first course in Adapt and I don't know what exactly should I do. It would be really helpful if someone knows why is this issues appearing?
Thank you very much.

Picture of Khari Kambon
by Khari Kambon - Monday, 3 April 2017, 11:10 PM

Marko, you have to make sure all of the blocks you added have titles and also have at least one component inside.  On the page that shows the page structure view look for any block items that still read "block title" and name them.  Then look for any block items that don't have at least one component added to them and any that do add something. Once you do that you will be able to preview.

by Marko Stojkovski - Monday, 3 April 2017, 11:32 PM

I am trying to figure things now, so I did a pretty simple course with 5 pages, and text only on 4 page, text and image on 1 page. All the pages have titles (& display titles) and thats all.

Picture of Khari Kambon
by Khari Kambon - Tuesday, 4 April 2017, 12:47 AM

Marko, I think what you're doing is adding content within the edits of the page (the gear icon)which is more like the settings.  To add a component is to actually add one of the building blocks of content on your course page. It is actually required. The heirarchy is Page > Article > Block > Component

So looking at the page in the tool that reads "Menu editor" double-click on the page you added.

You'll then see a view that shows the layout of the course elements. Then click "add component" within the block and you'll see your choices.

so every block you have in your page has to have at least one of these components within in it. Try that. let me know how it goes

by Marko Stojkovski - Tuesday, 4 April 2017, 4:46 PM

Ahhh thank you very much, so sorry for bothering you.
Thank you very much for your help. I got it and I am sorry I am disturbing you with such simple questions, but I found adapt really handy software and i wanna start using it more often.

I have one question, can we remove the titles from particular articles, blocks components?
I am inserting just space in the title field, but it leaves some space and it does not looks good.
Also, how can we manage the padding between elements? I see too much white space on desktop version (the lower the screen, the less the padding, but i need to reduce the padding on the biggest screen too.

Thank you again.
Marko

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Wednesday, 5 April 2017, 6:15 AM

Hi Marko, if you look at the titles there is a "Title" and just below that a "Display Title", behind the last you will see a lock sign and a cross. With the lock you can disconnect the linking to the Title which is shown in your editor or in the PLP (Progress indicator). If you then delete the contents of the Display Title, in your preview, no title will be shown on the browser page.

Do note that with the Vanilla theme there will be whitespace if you do this. If that is annoying you need to create your own theme.

by Marko Stojkovski - Thursday, 6 April 2017, 12:33 AM

Ah, so basic things. Thank you very very much, you saved me lots of time and you are really helpful. Thanks

by Marko Stojkovski - Thursday, 6 April 2017, 1:27 AM

And sorry, but I have one more question.
I did one quick course for testing, I downloaded it, uploaded it to my server but the course doesn't want to start.
I have checked in the console and got these issues (on the image). What could be the problem? Does anybody had similar problems?