Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: "Could Not Connect to the LMS"
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 10 September 2019, 2:40 PM

Could you let me know what versions of the:

• adapt framework
  • spoor plugin
  • close plugin

you are using?

Also, you haven't included the entirety of the SCORM debug log - as you haven't scrolled down the key bit is missing.

As you're running on Moodle you might be better off enabling Moodle's SCORM debug feature, it's generally a lot more detailed than the one in Adapt.

Do I need to set "_requireContentCompleted": false, to true as this course does not have assessment. Do this will solve or do I need to look for some another aspects.

Yes you should absolutely do this. It is not related to the 'Course is not connected to the LMS' error you're getting but you need to have this setting enabled or - as the course does not contain an assessment - the learner will not be able to complete it.

Picture of Shaneshwar Bhagat
by Shaneshwar Bhagat - Friday, 13 September 2019, 6:27 AM

Thanks Matt. I am using

Adapt version : 2.0.6
Spoor version:3.0.0
Close plugin version: 1.1.0

SCORM:1.2

yes. After enabling "_requireContentCompleted": true, and tracking by assessment to false have solve my problem. This is working for CLOUD SCORM but not for moodle I am getting the error. Its showing course not completed in moodle. Is their any compatibility issue in moodle. Please see the snapshot of error

Moodle does not show course completed

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 13 September 2019, 10:32 AM

Hi Shaneshwar

Not sure what I'm missing here but in the above debug log the course is showing as completed...

If you are using spoor v3.0.0 together with Adapt v2.0.6 then that's going to be a problem because those two versions are incompatible (spoor v3.0.0 requires Adapt v3 as a minimum)

Adapt v2.0.6 is really quite old indeed, it was released nearly 4 years ago now...!

Picture of Shaneshwar Bhagat
by Shaneshwar Bhagat - Monday, 16 September 2019, 5:56 AM

Thanks Matt, I will look with version issues.

Picture of Ailiniyazi Maimaiti
by Ailiniyazi Maimaiti - Wednesday, 13 January 2021, 3:52 PM

Hi Matt, 

I also met this problem, after I uploaded a course to our LMS, I got this error message after I clicked "OK" :

16:19:23.762 ScormWrapper::setVersion:

1.216:19:23.762 ScormWrapper::initialize

16:19:23.851 Course could not connect to the LMS

16:19:47.281 ScormWrapper::commit

16:19:47.282 Course is not connected to the LMS

The attached image is from browser's console.

I had added and enabled the plugin, I've tried both "passed" and "completed" at Tracking success status.

I'm using Spoor 3.3.2 and Framework v4.4.1.

The second image is the log from adapt authoring tool.

by Ailiniyazi Maimaiti - Wednesday, 13 January 2021, 4:00 PM

I don't if it was related to our LMS, I've tried SCORM Cloud, it works there. 

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 13 January 2021, 5:21 PM

well, in the first image you see the error "API.LMSInitialize is not a function" and just below that "API: [object Window]" - I think that's the source of your problem.

It should be "API: [object Object]" and the API object needs to have the following functions defined on it:

• LMSInitialize
  • LMSGetValue
  • LMSSetValue
  • LMSCommit
  • LMSFinish
  • LMSGetLastError
  • LMSGetErrorString
  • LMSGetDiagnostic

Given that it works OK in SCORM Cloud I think it probably is an issue on your LMS.

This is the key part of the 'find SCORM API' code. Seems like it might be finding something else (a browser window going by the [object Window] reference you're getting) that has the same name as the SCORM API..?

I can also see some errors that appear to be from your LMS e.g.

by Ailiniyazi Maimaiti - Monday, 18 January 2021, 1:11 PM

Hello Matt,

You are right, that was the problem from the LMS, now it works fine, many thanks!