Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: downloading adapt
by Chuck Lorenz - Tuesday, 18 April 2017, 11:47 AM

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear that you want to explore the Adapt authoring tool. In order for us to help you, you'll need to repost with more specifics about troubles with "downloading". Are you having trouble downloading it or installing it? And if you are having trouble installing it, please provide specifics about what you have done so far and what kind of errors you're getting now.

There are installation instructions in the authoring tool wiki. They will be your primary guide and a necessary first step. Feel free to reference the instructions when you report what step is failing for you.

Paul, I don't know how far you are into your attempts at installing this, but your statement "no coding experience" is a flag for me. You don't need coding experience to use the authoring tool. But the authoring tool is meant to be installed on a server to be used by a team. Consequently, some folks without a strong technical background may struggle to install it on a personal computer for use by an individual. Reading through the instructions on the wiki can help you determine if it is a project that you want to undertake.

If installing the authoring tool is not a path you want to travel, please consider making use of one of several hosted solutions from the following companies:
Can Studios
Learning Pool
VYAS

Whichever path you choose, I'm sure you'll be please with the results you'll get with Adapt.
- Chuck Lorenz