Picture of Lee Daymond
Few issues on new install
by Lee Daymond - Saturday, 22 April 2017, 3:19 PM

Hi all

Firstly, just wanted to say this is an excellent tool. Only discovered it a little while ago and without any code/developer background seemed to have gone OK so far!

I've managed to install the authoring tool using a couple of youtube videos and the wiki instructions on Git Hub. Had a few issues along the way but managed to get there after trawling through the discussion groups to get over some install problems.

I'm now in the process of fiddling around with my first course and hit a bit of a block on the following, would greatly appreciate your help:

- Firstly I cannot preview the course I am playing around with? The preview button just shows the loading icon but nothing happens beyond this. It times out after a few seconds, could you please direct me on this? Is this an issue with the framework install maybe or would this not affect it?

- Second, if I want to close Command Prompt and re-open and get going again what is the command line I need to use or will I simply be able to close this now and just type into address bar localhost:5000

- Finally I plan on publishing this to my website where my courses will be listed, is there a tutorial/instructions on this when I am ready to move on from local hosting.

Thanks