Re: Design-stream call 28/03/2014
by Sven Laux - Friday, 28 March 2014, 2:23 PM

Notes from call this morning:

Attendees:

• Tony
  • Sven

Notes:

• Progress and Sprint review
    • Overall we feel the sprint was successful. We achieved 12 story points, which is less than planned but it was good to work in the organised, agile fashion.
    • We have a reasonable amount of output, especially on Petra's items (Login & Profile), which are now up for review by the core team and community. 
    • Paul concentrated on the key pages for the 'Page structure editing' section (articles, blocks and components) and found a fair amount of extra work (impediments), which needed to be tackled before working through the user stories. As a result, two key pages were designed with several state iterations.
    • Sven has been overseeing the design work and worked closely with Petra, Paul and also briefed Tony and Michael. This included setting up and managing the sprint in JIRA and creating projects in Mockflow.
    • There was a significant amount of scope changes for the sprint and some time was lost due to unplanned absence.
    • It feels like we have established a scalable process for the design work.
  • Sprint planning for the next sprint
    • The second design sprint will run between Monday, 31st March and the end of Wednesday, 9th April - i.e. a one and a half week period.
    • There are various planned absences and we believe we can hit a target of 8.5 story points during this period.
    • The focus of this sprint will be the user stories in the page structure editing section (to be done by Paul and Sven) and we will also try to design the key page for the courses dashboard, i.e. the first page a Content Creator sees when logging into the system (to be done by Michael). Tony will review all work during this period (comments to captured in Mockflow) and act as a sounding board to the designers.
    • The sprint has now been set up in JIRA and individuals have been briefed on their tasks.
    • Once the sprint ends, we will open completed sections up for review by the core team and community at the end of Wednesday, 9th.

Thanks,
Sven