Picture of Barry Jenkin
Re: Extension "BackgroundScroll" on iPhone
by Barry Jenkin - Friday, 19 July 2019, 2:50 AM

Ah the component issue was probably to do with your newer versions of AT/framework. I was using the component version in AT 0.6.5 / 2.3.3 on which I still have a number of courses to maintain.

What's defined for your background-size and background-attachment for the image issue in iOS? Something in iOS safari might be overriding. Happy to inspect and check it out if you can send me a sample zip of the issue. :) 

Picture of Christina Herdt
by Christina Herdt - Friday, 19 July 2019, 12:23 PM

Hi Barry,

thanks a lot for your help!

Here are the zip files - one is the published course and the other one is the export version.

Maybe you'll find something I have been overlooking all the time...

Kind regards,

Christina

PS: The course actually uses its own theme. But unfortunately I could not use this original theme for the sample files, because the file size got over 10 MB. So I had to use the Vanilla theme. But this makes no difference to the problem with the BackgroundScroll extension...

Picture of Barry Jenkin
by Barry Jenkin - Monday, 22 July 2019, 3:33 AM

Hi Christina. The bg-scroll seems to be working fine in my iphone - both Safari (v12) and Chrome. I'm on iphone 6 iOS 12.3.1. Is this the correct behaviour below?

Picture of Christina Herdt
by Christina Herdt - Tuesday, 23 July 2019, 6:35 AM

Hi Barry,

yes, that's exactly what it should look like!
So this means the extension itself is working fine, but it's probably the surroundings that are causing a problem...

You didn't make any special adjustments or settings to your browser?

Picture of Barry Jenkin
by Barry Jenkin - Friday, 26 July 2019, 3:57 AM

No - no adjustments. Have you updated the iOS version in the iphone you were testing on?