Picture of Jason Wilson
Re: What is the best process for localising (translating) courses from Adapt Authoring Tool?
by Jason Wilson - Wednesday, 27 January 2021, 4:56 AM

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm going to try translating a course soon so will take your comments into consideration. As mentioned above, running the scripts on the exported files isn't really a biggy really, and we have really good translators that have worked with spreadsheets containg code that cant be touched etc., so shouldn't be too hard to get them up to speed.

Picture of Jason Wilson
Re: What is the best process for localising (translating) courses from Adapt Authoring Tool?
by Jason Wilson - Monday, 1 March 2021, 11:30 PM

Just a quick update. I did all as mentioned above and have managed to create a translated version of my course, so thanks for all the help there.

I know the language picker is not yet part of the Author Tool (yet you can install from the AT - go figure), but was wondering if I can manually add it to a template or similar? I tried adding to both config.json and course.json as described in the link below, but each time the course gets rebuilt from the AT, this all gets overwritten.

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-languagePicker/blob/master/example.json

We need multiple languages of our courses, and this would get quite messy if we have to create separate instances for every course.

Thanks for all your help so far!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 2 March 2021, 10:33 AM

I know the language picker is not yet part of the Author Tool (yet you can install from the AT - go figure),

Actually the languagePicker extension should probably work fine with the AAT. The problem is, in fact, that the AAT doesn't yet have the ability to create a course in more than one language.

Picture of Jason Wilson
by Jason Wilson - Tuesday, 2 March 2021, 9:53 PM

Ah, okay - good to know. Thanks Matt!