Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: Video Fades away at end
by Chuck Lorenz - Tuesday, 15 February 2022, 9:37 PM

Hi Sherri,

"the video is set to hold the final frame"--hmm. I don't recall seeing this configuration attribute in Adapt's Media, YouTube, or Vimeo plugins.

Are you using adapt-contrib-media?
If so, it is built upon MediaElement.js. That library allows some options to customize the player. Some of these are coded in Adapt as configuration attributes and appear in the AT config editor. But there are too many options to explicitly list each in the AT. You can find many of these listed in the Media README. But the definitive list is found on the MediaElement.js repo. (Make sure the MediaElement version is the same for your plugin and for the list in the repo.) Because of the number of options, Adapt made the decision to provide a "player options" configuration textbox--but without listing each attribute. You need to manually type in the configuration option. A frequently used option isĀ "showPosterWhenEnded": true . Perhaps it will serve your needs? To test it, make sure you have assigned a poster image, then manually add that code to "Player Options". If it doesn't display the poster at the end, try adding this instead {"showPosterWhenEnded": true} (Sorry, I can't recall off the top of my head which version is correct.)