Picture of Greg Pell
Error when saving in Authoring Tool
by Greg Pell - Wednesday, 1 April 2015, 10:24 AM

Hi All,

I have recently tried to migrate an older dev version of the authoring tool to a new linux server in the cloud which by all accounts seems to be working.  However there were some challenges at the time such as the existing user account didn't have correct permissions to access the plugins page for example as the old version of the mongodb didn't have a property in the user document to tell it that it had admin privilages. Anyway I fixed up most of those issues and it looked ok.

However when I went to save/make any changes in a course (existing courses only) I got a browser popup error saying "An error occurred when doing a save". Creating a saving a new course seemed to be fine.  My first thought was that there was some issue with the DB..?!

Anyway I then reset the server and now it looks like I can save in both new and existing courses, however in the node server trace I am getting this error:

warn: [01 Apr 2015 10:13:44 +00:00] Unexpected value for "data" parameter when updating component by 548648b4051bb93002 9e4766

Any ideas?

Cheers

Greg