Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Best way to report partial user progress to LMS
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 19 May 2015, 10:01 AM

Hi Cory

The current assessment plugin only allows for one assessment per SCO - because SCORM only allows for one score per SCO.

Kineo have been working on a more advanced version - I'm pretty sure the plan is to focus on getting this updated, upgraded, documented and out to the community once we've got v2 of the framework out.

However I would do what you're after by hacking in the contrib-spoor extension. If you look at the function persistSuspendData you'll see that it's storing a series of binary values that represents how many blocks have been completed in the course i.e. a string 111111000000 means that the user has completed the first 6 blocks but not the last six and therefore has completed 50% of the course.

My only warning would be that many LMSes treat 'passed' and 'failed' as being the same as 'completed'. Some will therefore remove a course from your list of active courses once passed/failed/completed is set. Some might automatically generate a new attempt, so the next time the user goes in it's as if they're starting the course for the first time again.