Picture of Simon Ray
Grunt and Publishing using tool
by Simon Ray - Tuesday, 7 July 2015, 1:29 AM

Hi all

I have a bit of a frustrating situation. I hope in all the flurry of testing v2.0 that someone can help.

Using the Build tool (not the framework) I have been able to build a basic course.  I have been playing around with the themes and have successfully applied different variations to the course.  (On a side note, I have to say I like the Framework better for being able to see the changes straight away using the grunt server cmd!).

For reasons I don't understand, the build tool won't preview my course. I get the following error:

Page at localhost:5000 says:

Error generating preview, please contact Administrator.

I'm running both the windows cmd and git bash as administrator, as well as being logged into my machine as Admin.

Logs are below:

As I mentioned above, I have also been dabbling with the framework.  When I'm logged into my machine under my user profile, it won't launch, giving me an error that grunt doesn't exist, yet if I log in as Admin, I can grunt build and grunt server...

I've tried uninstalling grunt and reinstalling, but no joy.  I've thought about uninstalling everything and starting from scratch, but I'm not sure what that will achieve. I don't know if there are issues with Node.js or MongoDB or ....

Any help would be really appreciated!

Simon