Picture of Mark D'Aquin
User Login
by Mark D'Aquin - Tuesday, 3 November 2015, 6:53 PM

I am assuming that the login information for the authoring environment is stored in the Mongo db.  I have logged into the db command mode to check for users using db.getUsers() and I am not seeing anything. I did switch to the adapt-tenant-master with the use command.  Am I looking in the wrong place for the user login information?

Picture of Mark D'Aquin
Re: User Login
by Mark D'Aquin - Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 1:26 PM

Ok, got this working by finally getting Robomongo to access my server behind the firewall. Then following the instructions posted by other users to access the user account in the Mongo DB and duplicating it. Once this was done changing the obj id, uid, and pass.

Picture of Joannes Anthonius Rommers
by Joannes Anthonius Rommers - Thursday, 5 November 2015, 8:40 PM

Hi Mark,

How did you change your password? This is an encrypted string and I haven't figured out how to generate a new one. Did you?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 6 November 2015, 9:52 AM

If you can figure out what password encryption scheme is used you can encrypt it manually using the same method then simply insert it into the database.

I don't know if that's what's been done here but it's certainly a technique I've used before in instances where I've lost a Moodle admin password.

by Joannes Anthonius Rommers - Friday, 6 November 2015, 10:12 AM

That's what I thought as well. But you indicate in your second post that you succeeded by changing also the password. So have you figured out which encryption adapt is using?

Picture of David Pesce
by David Pesce - Friday, 6 November 2015, 1:18 PM

This is from an earlier post that describes it (Dennis):

"

We use bcrypt hashes for password storage, but the principle is the same. 

I've created a simple script that will create a hash in the required format for you. 

https://gist.github.com/dennis-learningpool/4a4a9c01017bc9640478

If you download that script and pop it into the root of your adapt_authoring project, you can then generate a hash with the command:

node passwordgen.js mypassword

The output hash string can then be added directly to the record via robomongo."

Picture of Mark D'Aquin
by Mark D'Aquin - Friday, 6 November 2015, 3:16 PM

Thank you David - That is exactly what I did and it worked great!

by Joannes Anthonius Rommers - Friday, 6 November 2015, 3:44 PM

Great, amazing!

Thank you David.

You made my day.

Have a nice weekend.